Executive Director, Business and Entrepreneurship division
Mark Lange has been the executive director of the Division for Business & Entrepreneurship since 2013. He provides vision and leadership for five program units that collaborate on customer-driven approaches to enhance the value of Wisconsin one business at a time.
The division serves aspiring, new and established small businesses by connecting them to resources, information and services that improve performance and increase capabilities for success.
The division’s five program units are:
- Wisconsin Small Business Development Center Network
- Center for Technology Commercialization
- Food Finance Institute
- Center for Business Intelligence
- Business Dynamics Research Consortium
Lange came to UW-Extension after serving 14 years as executive director for the Edward Lowe Foundation, a nonprofit organization seeking to accelerate entrepreneurship and its impact on community and economic development. He was responsible for day-to day operations and overseeing the foundation’s national advocacy for second-stage entrepreneurs, economic gardening and the development of WWW.YOURECONOMY.ORG.
Other previous roles include:
- Director, Lundquist Center for Entrepreneurship at the University of Oregon;
- Co-founder, CVT Productions, a video-production and software-distribution company; and
- Adjunct faculty member in entrepreneurship, Mendoza College of Business at the University of Notre Dame.
Lange earned a Bachelor of Science in Finance and a Bachelor of Arts in Sales and Marketing at University of Northern Colorado.