Skip Navigation
For Employees

High Risk Insurance

High-risk services requires a High Risk Insurance Certificate before a contract or PO is done and payment is made.

What are High Risk Services?

  • Construction/remodeling services
  • Custodial services
  • Daycare services
  • Manual food services
  • Medical services
  • Recreational services
  • Security services
  • Transportation services (of people)
  • Travel services (tours)

Arrow Download a copy of the Certificates on file with UW-Extension.PDF link

High Risk Insurance Requirements

See UW System Administration Vendor Certificates of Insurance web site at:

Additional Insured

The contractor shall add "the Board of Regents of the University of Wisconsin System, its officers, employees and agents" as an additional insured under the commercial general liability policy.

Manual Food Service: What is Catering

Definition of Vendor Catering: An off-campus catering vendor provides food service for University-sponsored programs on property owned or leased by the University, is both licensed and insured, and prepares, transports, sets out and/or serves the food. An insurance certificate with high-risk insurance limits is required.

arrow See the UW-Extension Catering Policy:

What is NOT Catering

Catering does NOT include: food purchased by University staff or prepared food (pre-packaged box lunches, sandwiches, cheese trays, pizza, cookies, fruit or similar items) purchased from a licensed restaurant and/or catering operation and served by University staff on property owned or leased by the University. Prepared good may be delivered by the vendor or picked up at the vendor's site by university staff.

For UW-Extension Employees

Professional Development

UW-Extension and Colleges Administration