4-H Afterschool Evaluation Tools:
Packet #1 - Life Skill Development in 4-H Afterschool Tools include:
- Cover Letter to Extension Staff
- Instrument A: Questionnaire: Youth Life Skills
- Making Decisions
- Healthy Lifestyle Choices
- Accepting Differences
- Instrument B: Questions for Case Study
- Questions for youth
- Questions for parents/guardians
MS Word document that can be modified and used by staff (13 pages,
Packet #2 - Brown County 4-H Afterschool Evaluation Tools include:
- Brown County Observation Worksheets
- Relationship of Eight Essential Elements to 4-H Afterschool Programs (4 pages, 81 KB) Describes the Eight Essential Elements and includes Indicators for achieving each element in an after school setting. Used with permission from Theresa M. Ferrari, Ph. D., 4-H Youth Development, The Ohio State University.
- Blank Observation Worksheet (1 page, 108 KB) This work sheet was used by Afterschool staff to list their observations of children's responses and behavior each week after teaching a session. Created by Kathy Kauth, Brown County Urban 4-H Coordinator and Chuck Cropp, Outreach Educator.
- Brown County Youth Surveys
- Blank evaluation forms for K-2 (1 page, 46 KB) Evaluation tool used to receive feed back from students by having them raise their hands in response to questions. Created by Kathy Kauth, Brown County Urban 4-H Coordinator and Chuck Cropp, Outreach Educator.
- Blank evaluation forms for grades 3-5 (1 page, 47 KB) Evaluation tool used to receive feed back from students by having them circle their responses on their own worksheet. Created by Kathy Kauth, Brown County 4-H Coordinator and Chuck Cropp, Outreach Educator.
- Brown County Sample Reports
- Brown County 4-H Afterschool Evaluation Report, First Quarter, 2005 (2 pages, 24 KB) Kathy Kauth states that "We were able to use this report for accountability with local stakeholders. Our 21st Century Community Learning Centers required reporting of this nature for it's annual review. In addition, the date and results are used to leverage more funding for future 4-H Afterschool programming efforts.
Packet #3 - Lincoln County 4-H Afterschool Evaluation tools include:
- Lincoln County Sample Reports -- Deb Moellendorf states that, "Data collected from these tools has helped us mobilize gain funds and inkind support to expand our After the Bell program for middle school youth.