Wisconsin 4-H Adult Leader Council
The Wisconsin State 4-H Adult Leader Council is an educational program of the 4-H Youth Development Program Area of the University of Wisconsin- Extension.
The Wisconsin 4-H Adult Leader Council (ALC) includes an adult representative
from each county. The purpose of the council is to enhance UW-Extension
4-H Youth Development programs at the state, county and local level.
The Council provides a statewide forum for 4-H Youth Development
adult leaders that offers:
- Issue awareness and discussion;
- Education on new opportunities;
- Topic/interest sharing between counties;
- Opportunities for volunteers to be involved in planning and evaluating
specific statewide programs; serve on state committees; and as
chaperones for state and national programs.
Additional information is available on Information and Guidelines on Wisconsin 4-H Adult Leader Council
The Fall Forum is the annual meeting of the Wisconsin 4-H Adult
Leader Council. This meeting is held in partnership with the Wisconsin
4-H Youth Leader Council. The Fall Forum provides a forum for issue awareness and discussion and education on emerging opportunities. It also provides an environment for delegates from every county to share ideas. Each county sends
an adult volunteer leader delegate. In addition a youth representative
from each county is invited. As part of the business meeting, the
ALC elects the Executive Board.
The Executive Board is elected at Fall Forum and is representative of the 4-H leaders by geographic districts. They meet three times annually. This includes a
winter, summer and fall meeting.
Events and activities of the Wisconsin 4-H Adult Leader Council
are supported in part through successful grants from the Wisconsin
4-H Foundation , the Monsanto Corporation, 4-H Youth Development Program Area, and fees for participation in Fall Forum.
Upcoming Dates and Events:
- March 29, 2012 7:30 - 9:00 PM - ALC Board Winter Meeting Teleconference. Connection information and agenda will be sent to Board members in mid-March.
- May 24, 2012 7:30 -9:00 PM - ALC Board Summer Meeting Teleconference. Connection information and agenda will be sent to Board members in May.
- November 3, 2012 Fall Forum - the annual meeting of the WI 4-H Adult Leader Council and Youth Leader Council.. Location will be the Holiday Inn in Stevens Point. . Online registration will be open in late summer.
Interested in the Contributions and Volunteer Development of 4-H Volunteers in Wisconsin?
The Wisconsin 4-H Volunteer Contribution and Volunteer Development Studytcan provide insights and answers. This study was completed in 2008-2009 and is part of the North Central Region Volunteer Contribution and Volunteer Development Report. North Central Region 4-H Volunteer Contribution and Volunteer Development Study
For more information about the Wisconsin 4-H Adult Leader Council,
contact Kandi O'Neil, Associate State 4-H Program Director/Volunteer Specialist.