1. Description of Downtown Madison’s Consumer Segments
2. Size and Shape of Downtown Madison’s Trade Areas
3. Demographic and Lifestyle Characteristics
4. Regional Economic Position of Downtown Madison
5. Needs and Perspectives of Business Operators
6. Analysis of Comparison City Downtowns
7. Opportunities to Increase Downtown Madison's Economic Vitality
This market analysis examines opportunities to continually improve the economic health of downtown Madison. Research partners include: Downtown Madison, Inc. (DMI), the Madison's Central Business Improvement District, and the City of Madison Department of Planning and Community and Economic Development, and the University of Wisconsin-Extension.