Professional Development Committee
Co-Chairs: Sue Allen and Linda Olson
- Sue Allen
- Donna Doll-Yogerst
- Edith Felts-Podoll
- Angela Flickinger
- Mary Geissler
- Jane Jensen
- Peggy Nordgren
- Linda Olson
- Pam Peterson
- Teri Zuege-Halvorsen
2010- 2011 COMMITTEE GOALS
- Summarize current award winning programs and professional development opportunities in the Communique' and the Family Living newsletter (website).
- Utilize the UWEX Planning and Reporting System, District Meetings,
Team and other state Extension Websites as tools for gathering
new ideas for programming.
- Encourage members to have an ongoing log of professional development (available on the WEAFCS website) for their plans of work and for tenure documents.
- Promote the development of alternative delivery methods for
- Encourage participation (via e-mails and the Communiqué),
in the NEAFCS National Conference.
COMMITTEE MEETING MINUTES
The goal of the Professional Development Committee is to create
awareness of educational opportunities, identify best-practice
and evidence-based programs, and encourage sharing of scholarly
work within and outside of UW-Extension.
The committee meets face-to-face at the annual JCEP conference
and also schedules 3-4 WisLine meetings per year.
Current opportunities include representing WEAFCS on the JCEP
Annual Conference Planning Committee
RESOURCES FOR WEAFCS MEMBERS
Professional Development Log
This professional development log was designed to help colleagues track professional development for their portfolio. Having all trainings, conferences and courses listed along with dates and other specific information make organization of a portfolio much easier. This Microsoft Word document consists of a simple table. Rows can be added as needed.
- For Information on UW-Extension Family Living Professional Development opportunities, click here.
- For Information on UW-Extension, Cooperative Extension Professional Development opportunities, click here.
- Are you interested in submitting a publication or conducting a literature review, but are not sure where to start or what the guidelines might be? Here are some useful articles and websites to get you started:
For More Information, Contact:
Family Living Educator
Marquette County UW-Extension
County Services Center
Montello, WI 53949-0338
Shawano County - UW Extension
Room 101, Courthouse
311 N Main Street
Shawano, WI 54166-2198