Sherry A. Tanumihardjo
Family Living Programs
- Educating medical professionals and education practitioners on the role of
nutrition in prenatal and infant developments
- Serving as a resource for nutritional programs targeting the Native American
population in Wisconsin
- Assisting others in understanding science-based findings in relationship to
how people eat and/or supplement their diets
- B.S. in Chemistry from University of Wisconsin at Eau Claire, Eau Claire,
- M.S. in Biochemistry from Iowa State University, Ames, IA.
- Ph.D. in Nutrition from Iowa State University, Ames, IA.
Previous Professional Experience
Sherry previously worked as an assistant scientist in research at Iowa State
University in Ames, IA. Her research focus was vitamin A assessment methodology
and international health.
Highlights of Current Assignments and Programs
- Developing methods to assess the vitamin A status of population groups at
risk of vitamin A depletion or deficiency.
- Determining if certain lifestyle choices affect nutrient requirements.
- Determining how food preparation or variety choices affects the availability
of certain nutrients
Links to Informational Sites
Contact Sherry at:
Department of Nutritional Sciences
1415 Linden Drive, Madison, WI
FAX: (608) 262-5860