Scheduling and Training
To facilitate the scheduling process, you may want to have these things decided in advance.
Scheduling a WisLine Web Meeting
- Title of Meeting: What do you want your meeting to be called?
- Date, time, and length of meeting: When do you want your meeting, and how long do you want it to last?
- Lines/seats needed: How many people do you expect to attend your meeting? Will people be sharing computers, or will they all use their own?
- Presenter(s): How many presenters will you have? Who will be the lead presenter or moderator?
- Returning customers: Do you know your WisLine Web passcode?
- New customers: We will need to get your billing information.
- Room at The Pyle Center: Would you like to present from The Pyle Center, or will you present from your own location?
- Presenting from The Pyle Center: How many people will be attending locally? Will they bring their own laptops?
- Participant audio: Will you give the participants
- Only the Madison number, where they must pay for their own log distance if they are outside the Madison calling area,
- Toll-free access, where you pay an additional fee for their entry, or
- A combination of the two?
- Audio tones: If you have scheduled a large meeting, usually over 35 lines, would you like the audio entry and exit tones removed?
- Muting: Would you like the presenter to be able to mute all attendees? If so, you will be given separate host and guest passcodes.
- Web Security: How much entry security do you need? Presenters and attendees always share the same meeting ID. Do you want:
- Password required for presenters, but not for attendees,
- Password required for presenters and attendees, or
- A special access list, where presenters and attendees have required passwords, and also must be on the access list to gain entry?
- Training: Have you used WisLine Web before or would you like the free training?
- Archiving: Your meeting is recorded automatically and can be viewed on the Web for free for two weeks after your meeting. Would you like to a CD or FTP copy of your conference for your records? (There is a $15 charge per CD or FTP.)
- Would you like an attendance report of the meeting afterward?
- Would you like a polling report of how people voted in the meeting?
- Availability: What two dates and times are you available for training?
- Training Location: Will you and other presenters, if any
- all come to The Pyle Center,
- all be trained remotely via WisLine Web, or
- a combination of the two?
- Presenters: How many presenters do you have that need training? We suggest no more than 5 presenters per training session.
- Sample Materials: Do you have sample meeting materials that would include a sample PowerPoint® slide show, other documents that you would like to share, and the URLs of any Web sites that you might like to visit or use? You may bring these on diskette, Zip disk, CD (PC formatted) or USB drive.
- Laptop: Do you intend to use your laptop? If so, please bring it along so we can make sure that it will work with WisLine Web and The Pyle Center room systems.
- We usually do not schedule training unless a customer has a meeting scheduled, although exceptions can be made in certain circumstances. The option for training without a scheduled meeting is at the discretion of Instructional Communications Systems (ICS).