|division||Extension Conference Centers|
The University of Wisconsin Extension Conference Centers at the Pyle Center is seeking a Custodian. This is a University Staff position appointed at a full-time (FTE) of 100% and reports directly to the Custodial Services Supervisor.
DESCRIPTION: The University of Wisconsin Extension Conference Centers (ECC), serving more than 75,000 people year round, are two full-service conference centers specializing in comprehensive event management which includes lodging, meals/catering, meeting rooms, recreation and academic facilities. Pyle is one of two ECC facilities and sits on the shores of beautiful Lake Mendota in the heart of the downtown UW campus. With more than 135,000 square feet of meeting space, the Pyle Center is comprised of 28 meeting rooms and five banquet/event spaces. The Lowell Center, located one block from the Pyle Center, with 16,624 square feet of meeting and event space, 137 guest rooms, a full breakfast buffet, and a warm pool offers exceptional hospitality to overnight conferees.
POSITION SUMMARY: As a member of the Extension Conference Centers Custodial team, under general supervision of the Custodial Services Supervisor, the Custodian oversees all areas related to the setup and tear down of conference space, complex seminar setups, reception setups, banquet setups, and meeting room setups. The position is responsible for cleaning and maintaining all spaces including classrooms, lounges, lobbies, offices, restrooms, hallways, entryways, building exteriors, and storage areas. The position requires the interpretation and policies and procedures such as fire and occupancy code, emergency procedures, building use policies and procedures.
UW Extension is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. UW Extension values diversity and inclusion. We define Inclusive Excellence as “the intentional engagement of the broadest range of perspectives, backgrounds, needs, experience, and circumstance in order to maximize success.” We value diversity within our students, faculty and staff, and strive to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people.
An offer of employment is contingent upon the following: 1) the establishment of identity and verification of employment eligibility as required by the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, 2) a criminal background check 3.) Three (3) professional work-related reference checks
It is the policy of UW Extension to provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities who are employees or applicants for employment. If you require an accommodation to participate in any part of the hiring process, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com .
SALARY, COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Hourly rate will be a minimum of $12.89. UW-Extension offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance, life insurance, pension plan, flexible spending accounts, employer paid training and development, generous paid vacation and sick leave.
• Ability to work varying hours, including weekends when building needs require.
• Effective oral and written communication skills including the ability to read, write, and understand the English language.
• Ability to maintain a professional and service-oriented relationship with customers and co-workers.
• Ability to push, pull, reach, bend, twist and stoop repeatedly: and climb ladders.
• Ability to perform multiple tasks and manage time effectively.
• Ability to stand and perform physical labor for 8 hours.
• Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
• Basic computer knowledge to include email and basic word processing.
• Custodial and or Setup experience
• Knowledge of cleaning chemicals, their proper use and safety precautions.
• Experience cleaning carpets, stripping and waxing floors.
• Knowledge of correct operating procedures and safety precautions for power equipment used in floor care; i.e., floor scrubbers, carpet extractors, wet vacuums, vacuum cleaners, etc.
TO ENSURE CONSIDERATION:
Applicants are required to fill out an application and include three (3) professional work-related references. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled; however, for assured consideration, please apply by March 30, 2017.
To apply, please contact Joshua Goldman (608-890-4612 or firstname.lastname@example.org) initially to obtain an Extension Conference Center job application. Please submit the application materials listed below via email by March 18, 2016 to Derek Allen ( email@example.com).
• Extension Conference Center’s Application
• Contact information for three (3) professional work-related references
• Resumes may be submitted but are not required
Questions regarding the position may be referred to Frankie Schneeberg, the Pyle Center Building and Grounds Supervisor, at 608-890-3350 or firstname.lastname@example.org
WEB LINK: For more information on Extension Conference Centers, please visit http://conferencing.uwex.edu/
For campus safety information and crime statistics/annual Security Report see http://www.uwpd.wisc.edu and click on Clery Act Statistics or go directly to the following web site: http://www.wisc.edu/students/faculty/safety.htm.
In 2012 more than 500 UW-Extension programs served 1.6 million interactions across our state. Your gift helps to build a strong Wisconsin.
Learn more and donate