The Agriculture Extension Educator serves the people and communities of Wisconsin by addressing local, statewide and national issues, improving lives through research-based education, fostering partnerships and action, and facilitating positive impacts that support:
- Thriving individuals and families;
- Effective organizations;
- Healthy and vibrant communities; and
- Strong economies.
This Agriculture Extension Educator position will primarily serve St. Croix County.
The Agriculture Extension Educator designs, delivers, and evaluates research-based educational programming and services aligned with the position’s programmatic focus. Initial programming focus will include: (add bullet list of 3-5 priority program topics)
- Responding to commercial and homeowner questions, including plant problem diagnosis, weed identification, pest and disease management for a diverse audience.
- Provide commercial horticulture educational programming addressing existing and emerging needs for fruit and vegetable production, which may include production for farmers markets, CSA’s, direct marketing, cooperatives, and other venues.
- Provide commercial horticultural programming addressing existing and emerging needs for the green industry, which may include nurseries, greenhouses, landscapers, garden centers, landscape maintenance firms and others.
- Collaborate with the UW-Extension Pierce County Horticulture Educator
This individual will apply the University of Wisconsin’s research, education and outreach resources to address locally identified needs and opportunities.