|division||Continuing Education, Outreach and E-Learning|
The University of Extension, division of Continuing Education, Outreach and E-Learning (CEOEL) is seeking a highly skilled and motivated Desktop Support Technician to join our Information Technology team. The Desktop Support Technician supports CEOEL staff in the delivery of a broad range of educational programs and services.
This position reports to the Manager of Technology Infrastructure & Support and will collaborate and develop effective working relationships with diverse groups of instructional and administrative staff, administrators, UW technical personnel, and vendor representatives.
Though infrequent, this role experiences some work outside normal business hours, requiring flexibility with scheduling.
• Provide technical support to troubleshoot hardware including printers, desktops, laptops, and phones.
• Provide new user workstation/mobile set-up, orientation for software applications, directory and login instruction, password change, email, and printing support.
• Monitor and resolve support tickets and requests using an incident tracking management system.
• Provide support to Windows and Mac OS X operating systems, and applications support (Office 365, Google Drive, IE, Adobe Suite).
• Assist staff and visitors with conference room audio/visual equipment and peripherals and use of video conferencing technologies.
• Document processes, how to’s, and frequently asked questions to build an IT resource library and promote Self Service initiatives
• Document and manage hardware inventory, software, and licensing information
• Bachelor’s degree or an equivalence of 4 years of a combination of education and desktop/applications support services experience
• Knowledge of desktop computer operations including connectivity, installation, maintenance, and configuration of all hardware and software for dynamically changing technologies
• Proficiency in Office 365 / Office Suite (Access, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook)
• Strong time-management skills with ability to prioritize and multitask
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Excellent attention to detail, organizational and problem-solving skills
• Ability to manage and support Audio/Visual equipment and presentation technologies
• Familiarity of creating network accounts, Active Directory security groups and permissions
• Knowledge of network protocols (i.e, TCP/IP)
• Familiarity with Macintosh/Apple products, software, and hardware
• Customer service experience providing desktop support services
|web link||For more information, please visit http://ce.uwex.edu/career/desktop-support-technician/.|
In 2012 more than 500 UW-Extension programs served 1.6 million interactions across our state. Your gift helps to build a strong Wisconsin.
Learn more and donate