WisPolitics Partners with UW Colleges & UW-Extension to Host Roundtables on Navigating the New Economy
Business leaders and community members have an opportunity to learn from state and local experts about how they can better navigate the new economy during roundtables in Hudson, Richland Center and Sheboygan. The series of community conversations is brought to you by WisPolitics.com and WisBusiness.com in partnership with UW Colleges and UW-Extension.
The interactive sessions will provide insights into the entrepreneurship history and business personality of each community by exploring the area’s industry mix and the key contributors to job creation, as well as share new techniques for developing local resources for the unique business economy. UW Colleges and Extension Chancellor Cathy Sandeen will moderate the discussion, and panelists include:
- John Koskinen, Chief Economist for the Wisconsin Department of Revenue
- Mark Lange, Executive Director, UW-Extension’s Division for Business & Entrepreneurship
- A local economic development expert from each community:
- Eric Biltonen, Community, Natural Resource and Economic Development Educator, UW-Extension (Hudson)
- Will Cronin, Community Resource Development Educator, UW-Extension (Richland Center)
- Claire Thompson, Community Resource Development Educator, UW-Extension (Sheboygan)
The events are free and open to the public. Join the conversation at one of these locations:
Hudson: Tuesday, October 17, 1 – 2:30 p.m.
Government Center at 1101 Carmichael Road in Hudson, WI
Reserve your seat for the Hudson event
Richland Center: Tuesday, October 24, 10 – 11:30 a.m.
University of Wisconsin-Richland at 1200 Highway 14 West in Richland Center, WI
Reserve your seat for the Richland Center event
Sheboygan: Thursday, October 26, 1 – 2:30 p.m.
University of Wisconsin-Sheboygan at One University Drive in Sheboygan, WI
Reserve your seat for the Sheboygan event
The series is sponsored by the Wisconsin Academy of Global Education and Training (WAGET), with support from the League of Wisconsin Municipalities and the Wisconsin Counties Association.