Audience Services is the front line for communication between listeners/viewers and staff of Wisconsin Public Radio and Television. This position answers questions about programming, membership, reception & technical issues over the phone and via email. Customer service and multi-tasking skills are vital. Additionally, this position will require knowledge of all front desk and reception operations as the employee will be expected to substitute for the full-time front desk employee when needed. Reports to Audience Services Manager.
Job Functions and Qualifications - Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience in customer service, membership, telemarketing, fundraising (or other related field) which includes using databases and working directly with donors or customers.
- Experience working collaboratively with a team to meet goals
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and organizational skills and a desire to learn new skills
- Enthusiasm for the mission of WPR and WPT
- Comfort and experience working with diverse and multicultural communities.
- Maintain a friendly and outgoing attitude to create a welcoming atmosphere for guests and staff on the telephone and in person.
- Hear and process audience and staff communication over the telephone and in person.
- Maintain focus in the face of multiple distractions.
- Work in a shared workspace.
- Type/input data efficiently with few or no errors.
- Operate a computer while seated for extended periods to correspond with audience members, log calls in real-time, research answers, conduct file maintenance on databases and perform other general duties.
- Operate web-based call distribution software
This position would work between 14-20 hours/week on average. The hours are to be broken into two to four shifts, Monday-Friday.
1-2 evening or weekend shifts will be scheduled during membership pledge drives 2 to 3 times per calendar year.
This position is paid on an hourly basis ($14.25/hr, based on experience) and carries no benefits.
How to Apply:
Please respond via email to Kayleigh.email@example.com by 11/10/17. A complete application will include:
- A detailed resume
- A cover letter that details your suitability for this job
- Names and contact information (including e-mail) for three professional references; at least one must be supervisory.
- Your schedule of availability Monday-Friday between 8am-5pm